Monday, February 22, 2010

Doers of the Word, not just hearers.

I haven't blogged in a long time... Been pretty busy as most of you know.

Well, after the first week of being home, I finally caught up to jet lag, got used to not having security check each time you walk into a store, and most of all... Not seeing sad hungry faces on the side of the streets. Every where, there were beggars, I can not express this enough. I remember coming home and saying this over and over again. No matter where I went, there were hungry homeless people.

As I spoke before about the hospital in Kenya, I remember this one face, this one women, she was an elderly women sitting in a wheel chair, an IV in her arm and tears running down her face. Once in awhile I just sit and think of her. She was sick in a 3rd world country, probably not a lot of money, and not any REAL good meds. I live in the U.S.A. and as a kid even, I am more rich than most of the people there. Why can't I do something? Why is she probably not even alive by now, and I did nothing? I know I am only 13. I can't just hop on a plane and leave home, of course not! But can I make a difference? I can not just sit here and do nothing! I am sick of it. I said this to myself and to God, I don't even really like being home... Yes the fist time I got home I loved it. But I sit here and cry over the face of this women, or the young blind boy who was begging on the street... And I did nothing.

I want to do something, my amazing friend Amy (Thiele as I call her) shared this versus with me
1 Timothy 1:12
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in life, in love, and in purity.
(Clap for Amy)
Being a kid.. Doesn't mean I can't make a difference. I know the Lord has something planned for me, and all my other friends who want to follow the Lord.. We just have to listen, and go.

All4Christ,
Coral

5 comments:

Taylor said...

That's right! Like Mike Latsko said, it'll be the young ones of our generation to continue to change this world! God does have many plans for us; they are numerous and they are perfect. But until you go back to Africa, (; you have to give your life to Jesus every day. "I trust you Jesus. I trust you Jesus." Ask him daily what he has for you.

I love you so much Coral! I can't wait to see what God's putting together right now! He will be glorified among the nations... With or without the help of his people and I want to be a part of it! (: Keep the faith and continue to give everything to our Father.

Love you,
TayTay(:

Tonya Brown said...

Coral and Tay- the two of you make me cry. I don't mean to sound so sappy, but seriously, I am so blessed to be able to watch God work in your young lives; thankful to your parents for sharing you with me and allowing me to witness all that God is doing in you. You both have your eyes on the ways of the Lord, and your hearts are so perfectly breaking for the things that break his.. its awesome to witness.

High-five to Amy for sharing such a perfect verse! Since last Thursday I have been thinking and praying for the youth in our RSG.. and more specifically the things you (we/us!) can do to live our lives radically for Jesus right here in AZ. There are lost, homeless, broken people right here who are away from God and need hope. Right here where we are is the mission field. What can we do today, tomorrow and everyday to live the radical life the bible speaks of, before he sends us to the nations??

I love you both! <3

drea said...

Yeah..Tonya is right. You two are amazing girls. To even have your thoughts on things above is amazing. God will use it. He will use you. Remain a willing vessle and keep your mind on Christ. I LOVED having my daughter right by my side in Africa. I have dreamed of doing work together as a family. I love you endlessly Coral and what a wonderful, God loving young woman you are becoming. I know that your Nana is smiling from heaven right now. You make me proud.

Love you my sweet girl.

Unknown said...

Coral - I am Lexi' mom and I just got home from Ethiopia two weeks ago. I understand exactly how you feel. I will never forget everything I saw. I still ache inside and feel empty in a way now that I am home.

I am blessed to read about your heart for the people you saw and God's broken heart for them as well. Keep seeking Him to see what He wants you to do!

Blessed by your heart and love for Him!

Jill

Lexi said...

Hi Coral - this is Lexi!

I have a heart for 3rd world countries as well and have traveled to Guatemala to pick up my 5 siblings from there. I would love to go to Africa, and reading a saw bit of what you saw makes me want to go even more!

I also want to make a difference and I actually started an organization called Jumps 4 Joy (www.jumps4joy.blogspot.com). We just built our first well in Sudan last month!

Keep praying..God will reveal you what He has in stored for you!

Blessings,
Lexi